Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Can I..

The arrogance of my ego at times baffles me. This is a poem that humbles my heart to a desire 

Can I
Can I have his smile, before he physically walks up to me.
Can I hear his laugh before he says "hi"
Can I hold his hand before he holds mine
and he kisses my wrist, instantly our energies intertwine
Can we walk side by side 
and I not dare to dream
that this fast forwarded into another century and we were..
"We"
Headed down a aisle-land 
on clear beaches, and white sand
Can I get all this from the touch of your hand?
Can I get used to this feeling
and you chose to forever understand
Can I get lost  with no way back?
Can chemistry be our road map?
Can I have all these things 
and when I feel I do
And when this feeling wilts...
Can I walk away from this?

Can I give back that smile he gave
knowing I was never for him
and he was never for me

yeah.


No comments:

Post a Comment